Home Forums Plugins KVLT Drums – Old School Black Metal Drum Library

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    It Might Get Loud Productions

https://soundcloud.com/itmightgetlouddetroit/sets/kvlt-drums

Mayhem/Darkthrone/Burzum/Nargaroth fans ahoy!
    KVLT Drums is a drum library designed for lo-fi metal & punk music.
    Drums were recorded in a tiny wooden sauna in South East Finland in June 2014. It is not mix ready and it certainly isn’t out there to compete with EzDrummer, Addictive Drums, SSD, GGD etc. KVLT Drums might be a drum solution for you if you want absolutely grimey sounding drums.
    Small wooden sauna gave the drums very unique sound and itโ€™s got built in cabin fever in them.
    Loads of velocity layers to achieve realism. With this kit you should be one step closer in achieving that Scandinavian Black Metal sound that dominated the 1990โ€™s. Tama Starclassic Performer drums, Zildjian cymbals, Harvia stove & Hackman sausage pan were used in KVLT Drums.

1 Kick
    1 Snare (Sidestick + Left & Right Articulations)
    3 Toms
    1 Hihat
    1 Ride
    2 Crash
    1 China
    2 Splash
    2 Unique FX Cymbals (Lid of a stove = minichina & a aluminum pan = zilbell)

#Requires NI Kontakt 5 or works with Kontakt Free Player for 15 minutes also includes un-processed WAVs (24/44.1)
    Total size ~666mb’s uncompressed, 317mb download size

Drums played by: Peter Zana
    Engineered by: Ron D. Rock

KVLT Drums

abaga129abaga129
    Keymaster

I’m definitely interested. I might give them a try soon. I really like the raw sound. It leaves a lot of room to be creative and makes the samples versatile. I hate getting samples that are already heavily compressed and saturated. Thanks for the post!

Ron/IMGL

Hi! Thanks for the reply!
    That was definitely one of our main goals with the library, so I’m glad to hear that the vision is translating ๐Ÿ™‚
    Sounds are boxy and cymbals are washy but sometimes you need that in your project.
    Update including TCI’s and GOGs and extra snare will be available soon!

Ron/IMGL

haha dang that’s a big smiley

abaga129abaga129
    Keymaster

Hey honestly I would rather the shells to be boxy sounding because that means there is a lot of mids that you can manually cut yourself. Its a lot more natural sounding to cut frequencies you don’t need that to boost ones that you don’t have enough of! I’ll keep an eye on this for sure.

And yes that is a huge smiley haha

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.